Content marketing has many advantages. Small businesses, large corporations and every type of business in between can reap benefits from this type of marketing. But, not all business owners are capable of taking on the massive responsibility of content marketing on their own and require the assistance of an outside service to get the job done well.
As a business owner, hiring an outside service to get work done that you cannot do on your own can be one of the wisest decisions you can make. But, you need to know how long it will take before the service you choose will achieve results you can use. Although there is no set-in-stone timeline that can tell you how long it will take before you see results from your content marketing campaign, the information below will give you a better understanding about how long it should take before your content marketing service yields results.
Keep Your Ears Open
There is no definitive time frame in which your content marketing service can elicit tangible results. So, if the service you hired has given a specific time for when you can see results, you are getting unrealistic information, and you should look for a different service.
Although the time frame for seeing results is fairly fluid, there are benchmarks you can use to help establish realistic expectations. By using the benchmarks you set, you should be able to see results within six months of beginning your content marketing campaign. Some of these benchmarks include:
- Within the first month:
- Understand your users.
- Set up your analytics.
- Document your strategy.
- Establish conversion goals.
- Within three months:
- Create and publish content.
- Promote content across multiple channels.
- Within six months:
- Begin analyzing traffic that comes from the internet.
- Begin diversifying the content you create and your promotion strategies.
Despite your best efforts, there are often factors that can get in the way of the progress of your content marketing campaign. Some of the most common barriers include:
- Content marketing is dependent on strong search engine optimization (SEO). So, if your SEO is not strong, your content marketing will likely fail. Even if you write the best content out there, if no one can find it, it is useless. If you are not getting the results you want from your content marketing efforts, take a look at your SEO to see if that is where the problem is.
- The frequency with which you publish content is also an important factor in the success of your content marketing efforts. Publishing content on an occasional basis is not going to give you the results you want. Although how frequently you publish content is dependent on your industry as well as many other factors, a general rule of thumb to follow is that the more content you can publish, the better off your business will be.
- Content frequency goes hand-in-hand with content quality. You can produce and publish multiple pieces of content every day, but if the quality is low, it will not drive business to your company. Content that has poor quality or is not helpful to current and potential customers will reflect poorly on you and your company. So, if you are going to go to the effort of creating content, make sure that it is helpful, of a high-quality and establishes you as a leader in your industry.
- Part of having high-quality content is making sure the topics about which you are writing are relevant to your readers. Otherwise, they will view reading your content as a waste of time and will not come back for more. For your content to have relevance, it should be focused on what your potential customers are looking for or interested in reading.
- Creating and publishing your content and passively waiting for results will get you nowhere. You also need to promote it. There are many ways you can promote your content including creating a blog, sending out a newsletter, tweeting about it and pushing it with a targeted ad on Facebook.
If you are not an expert in content marketing, the best way to avoid these pitfalls is to hire a service that can take care of this area for you.
Although there is no set timeline for seeing content marketing results, there are steps you can take to make the process faster and more effective. One of the best moves you can make for increasing the effectiveness of your content marketing is hiring a qualified service to do the hard work for you. If you are looking for help with developing and implementing your content marketing campaign, contact Copywriter Today. We are here to help you succeed.