Email copy is one of your most powerful communication tools. Don’t allow this tool to work against you. Empower your voice by eliminating three harmful email habits:
Failing to Consider Your Clients
Don’t let your copy end up pushing your clients away. Take time to consider your audience and think like a potential customer. Avoid these common pitfalls:
- Sending too much, too often. Find ways to tailor your messages to those who need them. Don’t send introductory emails to loyal customers or copy best suited for a target audience.
- Being sloppy. Don’t insult your recipients with misspellings, texting slang or incorrect information. Consider hiring an editor to proofread and critique the copy you are producing.
- Not being mindful. Figure out what is and isn’t working. If you are getting no responses from your blogs or product information, then change things up. Try a fresh approach.
Causing Confusion through Unclear Communication
Remember that every word counts. Your message should be bold, clear, and direct. Bolster these critical points to clarify and energize your message:
- Secure your subject line. The goal of a subject line is for your email to be opened. Don’t waste the opportunity by writing ambiguous, ordinary subject lines. Infuse a sense of excitement, evoke curiosity and elicit a response with descriptive, action-oriented titles.
- Solidify the message from the start. Your clients are busy people. Respect their time by getting to the point within the first paragraph. Reach their pain points and offer a solution that invites a response.
- Empower your ending with a clear call to action. Allow clients to respond effortlessly with a quick reply or through links to your products or services. Include deadlines that encourage decisiveness.
Overwhelming Your Clients With a Wall of Words
Too much text will cause your clients to tire and move on. Carefully edit your emails to allow your central message to shine through:
- Cut out unnecessary, weighty text. Eliminate long paragraphs and replace them with bullet points that are easy to scan and digest.
- Infuse meaningful graphics that support and clarify your message. Invest time and energy in your visuals.
- Include ways to interact with your email copy to establish two-way communication. Develop a continuing dialogue and listen to the feedback that you receive.
Writing stellar email copy is both an art and a science. Turn to the experts of Copywriter Today to help you strike the perfect balance. Contact us today as a first step in creating copy that produces unstoppable results.