Copywriter Today is always looking to expand our team with new and talented writers. If you love to write and want to earn some extra money we'd love to hear from you. Here's a little more info about how it works:
Article Length and Turn Around Times:
We provide our clients with the listed article word counts and we aim for you to complete the entire task within the allotted time period. Though this is very fast work, research is expected.
- 400 words - completed in 30 minutes or less
- 800 words - completed in 60 minutes or less
- 1500 words - completed in 90 minutes or less
- Social media posts - completed in 30 minutes or less
- At times, you may need to take slightly longer than the targeted completion times. We understand that. But, this is the time we want you to aim for when completing tasks we send you.
- Your production manager will let you know when we need the writing back. Typically, work is expected within 24-48 hours of when we send you an assignment notice via email in our project management portal. In order to provide our clients with the best possible turn around times, we ask that our writers monitor their email accounts throughout the day in order to respond to our requests quickly.
If you expect to leave town or be unavailable for a few days, that's no problem at all. Please just give us a heads up so we can assign orders to another writer while you're busy.
What You Might Write About:
We have clients from all industries. In order to be a freelance writer for Copywriter Today, you'll need to be flexible and creative and be able to write about almost any topic at anytime (we don't do adult porn sites or gambling sites, don't worry!). Our topics vary all the time, but as an example here are some of the topics we've seen before:
- How to Manage Your Time
- Why You Should Donate to Environmental Preservation
- How Technology Affects Our Education System
- How to Sell Roaches to Lizard Owners
- Why You Should Buy Local
- Buying From Your Butcher
- Why Manufacturing Your Product with A Local Plastics Company is Wise
These are just examples, but remember you'll need to be able to write about anything at any time. When possible, we try to pair our writers with the same clients so you get to write similar content on an ongoing basis, but this is not always possible. Are you creative and fast paced? This job will be exciting and challenging for you.
How Much Does It Pay?
We work to provide a competitive pay rate for the work, but keep in mind this is a business based on freelance labor so that we can provide our clients an affordable service. After you provide us with more information, if we feel like this is a good fit for all of us, one of our managers will contact you and give more details regarding our freelance payment fees. This is a 1099 contractor position and we do not hire any employees.
Our writers earn between $300 and $800 per week.
Also note that you will be required to securely provide your social security or business EIN so we can provide you with a 1099 at the end of the year. You will also need to provide your checking and routing number so we can process your payment via direct deposit. We pay out bi-weekly (on Fridays) for all work completed and invoiced before 7 a.m. EST on Mondays.
Please provide your details below with a sample of your writing.