Words carry limitless potential and influence. Famed copywriter, Gary Halbert, designates the written word as “the strongest source of power in the entire universe.” Tap into this fantastic resource by following the top ten do’s and don’ts when doing copywriting marketing.
Engaging with Powerful Copywriting
Give your writing the punch it needs by following these winning strategies:
- Know your audience. Take the time to get to know your clients and potential customers. Understand their pain points, goals and dreams. Additionally, learn to speak their language by establishing excellent communication.
- Stay positive and action-centered. Much of what is in print today is heavy and discouraging. Therefore, stand out by offering simple solutions for some of your audience’s greatest fears and roadblocks.
- Move your readers toward a resolution. Take your readers past your landing page with offers they can’t resist. Moreover, present your products with descriptions that are colorful and compelling.
- Add variety. Today’s market must offer multi-mediums to keep your audience engaged. Provide convincing statistics through eye-catching graphics, blogs that encourage ongoing relationships and vlogs that offer a personal, interactive touch.
- Keep your clients wanting more. Like great movie trailers that capture the imagination, you want to provide teasers that keep your followers coming back. Offer an enjoyable blog with a cliffhanger or have a feature that is updated regularly. Develop a broad base of “regulars” who can’t wait to see what you will offer next.
Avoiding Copywriting Pitfalls
Escape the hazards of ineffective writing by staying away from these common pitfalls:
- Be relevant. Don’t give old or fake news. Be sure that your writing is up-to-date with today’s needs. All of your research must provide the latest information on your topic or products.
- Use your words sparingly. Be careful not to be longwinded or boring. You only have a few seconds to capture and keep your visitors’ attention. In short, make your words count.
- Focus on details. Utilize the standards of AP writing style. Show that you strive for excellence in every facet of your writing.
- Invest in every opportunity. Don’t allow your audience to slip away because of a lack of information or connection. Consider every angle that customers want to know and strive to provide that information.
- Turn to the experts for help. Don’t try to do everything on your own. Secondly, dedicate your time to building your products and the business of your dreams. Finally, allow skilled copywriters to work alongside you to present what you have to the world.
The right words will connect you with the right clients. Allow us at Copywriter Today to help you utilize outstanding copywriting marketing in growing your business. Contact us today for a free consultation. Let the power of the written word work for you.